Friday, July 22, 2011

Moi, je joue

La semaine prochain, je ne serai pas ici. I will be on a week long vacation next week in Harvey cedars, New Jersey!









This is my first step in traveling and well, cliche as it sounds, independence.
I've never stayed overnight somewhere without my parents for over 2 days. This is a 6 day beach retreat. While many other girls my age have been farther away from home for longer amounts of time, I haven't. I LOVE exploring new places and am a future travel junkie. My walls are blanketed in photographs of different places, maps, scenery, locations from around the world. My family almost never travels beyond day trips, and so...now that I'm out of high school, I'm seizing the opportunity. Study abroad this winter is next on the agenda, but until then...I'm just going to enjoy the beach and get as much as an 18 year old girl can get out of a Christian youth retreat at the beach.
(that sounds hilarious if you interpret it sarcastically and with full stereotypes of Christianity, though I'm being sincere when I say it)
Allons-y!
















No comments:

Post a Comment